06 November, 2005

#11 Buckwheat Show Mead

My friend and neighbor Jackie had a taste/smell of some of my varietal honeys yesterday and was really in love with the buckwheat. So I thought I'd use my powers for good, instead of evil. And stuff.

3.7 lbs (approx) western buckwheat honey
water to a over a gallon (for topping up purposes)
K1V-1116 yeast

Like I said before, I'm using the K1V in the hopes that I won't need to add any nutrient. If I have to though, I have to. We'll see. I'm also not adverse to adding a pinch of tannin or a tiny bit of lemon juice for acid later down the line. But I'd like to make this as close to a show mead as I can and give a bottle or two to Jackie someday if it turns out. I think I'm going to quit at a dozen batches for awhile, my pantry floor is getting full.

OG 1.115

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home