08 January, 2006

#7 Blueberry Lavender Melomel

Oh my word. This mead is fucking awesome. I racked it today. A tiny bit of the rosemary and some of the blueberry solids ended up making their way through the tube, but not enough to concern me. The mead has cleared to a beautiful red-purple color. The smell is dominated by lavender and general sweetness, a touch of vanilla and blueberry. The taste has an immediate burst of sweet (though not cloyingly so, thankfully) and blueberry. The honey is present as well. There is a touch of the rosemary that sort of gives a crispness and the vanilla makes it fuller. The lavender adds some nice floral tones to it and I think I stopped just short of overdoing it. It's amazingly good and I can't wait to see how it is after a year. This is the best one I've tried so far.

SG 1.02

2 Comments:

Blogger -G.D. said...

What an awesome blog!

It's fun to read through your brewing logs...very cool

8/1/06 12:19 PM  
Blogger lily of the valley said...

Thanks! I hope you can learn from my numerous mistakes.

8/1/06 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home