23 November, 2005

#13 Tart Cherry Vanilla Melomel

honey blend (most to least) - orange blossom, guajillo, fireweed, wildflower, and a tiny touch of avocado blossom
four oz blond sugar
2 oz sucanat (in lieu of nutrient)
32 oz Knudsen's Just Tart Cherry juice
some tart baking cherries from a jar, no preservatives, packed in water
water to a bit over a gallon
one split vanilla bean
Lalvin RC212 yeast

I had planned to use nothing but orange blossom, fireweed, and guajillo honey in this one, but I didn't have enough to bring the sugars up to where I wanted it. I supplemented with wildflower and ended up putting in just a little bit of avocado blossom. I tasted the must before and after the avocado blossom addition and was glad I put it in. It rounded it out a little.

OG 1.114

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home